High Precision Machining of Hard Materials
Since 1947, Insaco has been a precision machining and polishing fabricator of parts from all technical ceramics, sapphire, glass and quartz. We machine these materials holding very precise tolerances (many times measured in millionths of an inch) in properties such as dimension, flatness, wedge, roundness or cylindricity among others. Our customers typically have a critical application that requires extremely tight tolerances in ultra-hard materials. Or they may take advantage of these materials’ durability to increase the mean-time between failure in a critical application or process. We also have the capability to grind and polish spherical radius parts in a variety of hard materials, both inside and outside diameters, to optical requirements.
Insaco’s features include:
- Extremely high accuracy and tight tolerance machining
- Lights-out manufacturing
- Machine automation including large capacity envelope
- Automated centerless grinding
- High efficiency/low cost volume production
- Low-volume prototype machining
- 5-axis machining capability
- ITAR compliant
- High-volume robotic machining
- Video inspection and a Class 100 Cleanroom
- Extensive Quality Control protocols
- Sapphire tubes and polishing
Insaco also has extensive inspection and documentation procedures so parts are always to print. With a seasoned team of engineers and machine operators we are available to discuss your application needs including alternative materials and cost drivers. Click here to find out more about our company and our people. When you need custom ceramics grinding based in the USA, give us a call!